My name is Emily, I am currently studying Graphic Design at Deakin University in Melbourne. This page features my research, sketches and other images/artwork of inspiration.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Line


Illustration by Ronald Searle, a good example of varying line styles/weight. I love his drawings, they are so detailed and 'energetic'.




I did this drawing (marker on paper) a while ago, but thought I would upload it because it is an example of line. At the time I was attempting to use line in an expressive and emotive way.


I completed line drawing of Little Red Riding Hood. I used line to create contours. Obviously a mistake was made (the hand holding a knife) I will edit this in photoshop. This was my attempt at 'sincere' lines, although aspects of the drawing could be seen as 'whimsical' as well.




This is an updated version of the line drawing I completed for assignment 1. After attempting the first tasks involving colourising and adding texture, it became apparent that I needed more to my image. I added the tree and moon in the same careful/sincere + whimsical style.

No comments:

Post a Comment