My name is Emily, I am currently studying Graphic Design at Deakin University in Melbourne. This page features my research, sketches and other images/artwork of inspiration.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

COLOUR

Monochromatic, Analogous, Complementary, Triadic. I was thinking about these colour schemes when I was watching this music video, produced by one of my favourite bands. Throughout the clip there are differences in the itensity of colour, levels of contrast and general mood created.There definitely appears to be an emphasis on colour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ_uJj2r_3k&feature=channel




It interesting looking at a 'colour wheel' and seeing how it all works. To develop colour schemes it is helpful to see how colours work together to create different effects.


I was constantly refering to this when completing the next three versions of the silhouettes using complementary, analogous and monochromatic colour schemes.











COLOUR:
*Notions of colour have been formed through culture/over time.
*Organises visual hierarchy.
*Creates balance/ dynamic visual illusion.
*Evokes emotion, implies temperature.
*Monochromatic, Analogous, Complementary and Triadic.
*Value = amount of black/white added.
*Saturation = brightness of colour.
*Discord = opposite of colour harmony, (not complementary).

No comments:

Post a Comment