My name is Emily, I am currently studying Graphic Design at Deakin University in Melbourne. This page features my research, sketches and other images/artwork of inspiration.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Image #2: psychedelia

Reading through Jenny Holzer's list of truisms again, there were a few statements that I can picture being included on a picture in the 60's or that would suit the artistic style due to the themes involved:

-There is a fine line between information and propoganda.
-Romantic love was invented to manipulate women.
-Moderation kills the spirit.
-Dreaming while awake is a frightening contradiction.

PSYCHEDELIC ARTISTS/DESIGNERS:

Pablo Amaringo




Ernst Fuchs




Wes Wilson




Bonnie Maclean




Victor Moscoso... I love his art work!





Jefferson Airplane music video, definitely illustrates psychedelia.

No comments:

Post a Comment